05 January 2010

Costa Children's Book Award

Just a quick note to congratulate Patrick Ness on winning the Costa today!

He won with the brilliant The Ask and the Answer, the second in his Chaos Walking trilogy.

I've written about the book elsewhere, including the Independent on Sunday round-up I posted about here the other day; it was on our Booktrust shortlist; and also featured as our Book of the Week back in May. It's a superb book - better even, I think, than its prequel, The Knife of Never Letting Go - so keep your fingers crossed for Patrick at the Costa Book of the Year in three weeks...

1 comment:

Richard Hanks said...

Brilliant thanks for this. I think I would have gone for Solace of the Road by Siobhan Dowd, but still a great choice. I am really looking forward to the third book 'Mosters of men'.