01 January 2010

Teen Round-Up 2009

My round-up of the best teen books from 2009 appeared in the Independent on Sunday a couple of weeks back - you can find it here.

Hope you like my choices - the books included are as follows:

The Vanishing of Katharina Linden (Helen Grant)
Stolen (Lucy Christopher)
What I Saw and How I Lied (Judy Blundell)
Revolver (Marcus Sedgwick)
The Ant Colony (Jenny Valentine)
Salem Brownstone: All Along the Watchtowers (John Harris Dunning & Nikhil Singh)
Ausländer (Paul Dowswell)
Rowan the Strange (Julie Hearn)
The Ask and the Answer (Patrick Ness)

(Lots of others that could have gone in had there been more space, of course...)

If you've been following this blog none of these choices will come as a surprise to you - six of the eight have featured as Books of the Week, four were on the Booktrust shortlist, and I've mentioned them all in one post or other. All great books, highly recommended...

No comments: