I'm delighted to report that our shortlist for the Booktrust Teenage Prize was announced today.
The six books we've chosen are:
- The Ant Colony by Jenny Valentine
- The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness
- Ausländer by Paul Dowswell
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
- Ostrich Boys by Keith Gray
- The Vanishing of Katharina Linden by Helen Grant
I'm planning to re-read them all before we have our next (and final) judging meeting in November, and I'm looking forward to the treat...
Meantime let me know any thoughts - do you agree with our choices? What are you pleased to see recognised? What's your favourite teen book of the year that we inexplicably overlooked? Very keen to hear any feedback...