22 February 2008

events...

Lawks, put like that (as in the previous post) it sounds quite a lot! Still, I'm looking forward to it all - even The Education Show, which I'll now be doing solo as Danny (poor him) has a funeral to go to. I swear the ES is jinxed for me, as last time I went I was scheduled to appear with Karen Wallace - we had the whole thing planned - and then she got snowed in and couldn't attend at all...

Other than that life has been a little chaotic. Justin Somper is coming to the school I work at next week, so I've been busy setting that up, and trying to get as many boys (not a sexist thing, just that only boys attend the school - Vampirates are good for anyone of any sex, or age!) as possible to read his books so they can ask intelligent questions. Hah!

My own reading? A little Judith Tarr. Teen, at a pinch - but possibly not even *my* sort of thing.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

Judith Tarr? Don't know her. Will google as soon as I'm off here.

Apologies (to you and to what I'm sure will be a vast and excited audience) about Birmingham. I was thinking today about Karen not having been able to get to the last one with you. I think next year we should just plan for you to go on your own and see what happens; either

(i) *you* then won't be able to go; or

(ii) you'll go and it'll be obvious that you doing the E S alone is clearly How It's Meant To Be; or

(iii) there will suddenly be fourteen of us turning up all trying to talk at the same time...

Anyway...

Great to have Justin at school next week. He's really nice with an audience. I've not read 'Vampirates' 3 yet but hearing it's the best and very much looking forward to reading it soon!

For now, though, want to find time to go through the entire Cornelia Funke backlist (incidentally, anyone not yet read 'Inkheart', please do it now, aqap, before the film coes out); and I've still got those 120 words to write on 'Ottoline and the Yellow Cat'...

D.

Leonie said...

Oh, the 3rd Vampirates is really very much the best - totally recommended. Though... there is a cliff-hanger! I was nagging Justin last time I saw him to PLEASE just hurry up and write it so I can find out What Happens Next.

Birmingham? I LIKE your idea. Though I'm not quite sure who the fourteen would be...

And yes, Cornelia. Um... I will. I mean to. Frequently - but other books will keep getting in the way!